Compare Supply Chain Management (SCM) Software
Use the online Evaluation Tool employed by
Fortune 500 companies, Small & Medium
Businesses, IT Services and Consultants in more
than 45,000 software selection projects per year -
Access tool and free
Produced by the TEC Expert System, eBestMatch™
…the “Rolls Royce of decision making tools”- ZDNet
Get the best technology match for your company. Our evaluations can save months of research and help ensure a successful project.
Software selection tools, comparison reports,
RFI, RFP and RFQ templates.
Free RFI, RFP Template Samples in 42 application categories
for use with enterprise software selection and acquisition projects,
including Consulting Services and Open Source selection criteria.
About Supply Chain Management Software
Supply chain management (SCM) systems are used to coordinate the movement of products and services from suppliers to customers (including manufacturers, wholesalers, and retailers). These systems are used to manage demand, warehouses, trade logistics, transportation, and other issues concerning facilities, and movement and transformation of materials on their way to customers.
The main modules of SCM software include the following:
- Warehouse management system (WMS)—enables firms to optimize methods of storing and moving inventory through the warehouse.
- Transportation management system (TMS)—enables transportation firms to manage and optimize any mode of transportation.
- International trade logistics (ITL)—helps organizations with the logistics of importing and exporting, the finances related to these activities, and collaboration between firms across multiple locations.
- Supplier relationship management (SRM)—manages the relationships between suppliers, distributors, and manufacturing firms. SRM is one of the key features that enables manufacturing firms to source products quickly.
- Demand management (DM)—forecasts how much product to move through the supply chain, how much product to produce, and how much product will need to be produced in the future, based on historical data.
- Supply chain analytics—enables supply chain managers to create work-arounds if problems within the supply chain occur. Supply chain analytics is comprised of supply chain optimization,
supply chain event management (SCEM), and production and supply planning.
- Order management—enables suppliers (or manufacturers) to take an order, search within their inventory to see if the item is available, and ship the item to its final destination.
About TEC software comparison reports for enterprises
Developed in conjunction with software analysts and the world's leading software vendors, TEC's enterprise software evaluation reports are designed to give businesses, across a broad range of industries, a comprehensive list of features and functions (criteria) for each of over forty different kinds of enterprise software solutions. Complete functional criteria is included for ERP and MRP software systems, FOSS / Linux, CRM, SCM, WMS, BI, PLM, and others required by organizations of all sizes. These lists of criteria, which in most cases numbering in the thousands, give you a full view of all the features and functions currently available for the selected type of software. This allows you to easily compare software vendors side-by-side and determine which features and functions are required for your organization. With over 1000 vendor products available for evaluation, TEC is the largest service of its kind in the industry.
TEC helps thousands of businesses, every month, evaluate and select software solutions that meet their exacting needs by empowering purchasers with the tools, research, and expertise to make an ideal decision.
Industry standard terminology aids evaluation process
The language used to describe each category and criterion has been vetted by TEC analysts and provides a standard description that is understood and accepted by leading vendors and consultants in each enterprise area. During the RFI or RFP process, users benefit from clear, concise descriptions of critical functions that prospective vendors can respond to without confusion. This leads to better participation by invited vendors and reduces the possibility of errors.
Report uses by role:
IT project managers: Save time and avoid errors in the creation of high quality requirements for a software acquisition. Use the reports help develop all RFI, RFP and software tender documents.
IT Consultants: Use comprehensive criteria to determine build vs. buy analysis and perform gap analysis for legacy systems against the latest software functionality included in the reports. With ratings on over 1000 enterprise software solutions, you have access to the most comprehensive vendor data available.
Software manufacturers and vendors: Compare your system against the combined feature set of the leaders in your category to help prioritize future development. Use as a template of included features for any software bid.
About Technology Evaluation Centers Inc.
Established in 1993, Technology Evaluation
Centers, Inc. (TEC) is the first web-native
technology research enterprise. TEC provides
decision support systems (DSS) that enable
stakeholders to objectively identify the
software products that best fit their company's
unique business and systems requirements, and
that contribute most effectively to superior